Tips to grow your Automotive business
When you walk into a workshop you know straight away if that business has a winning formula.
What makes an automotive business successful, is in many cases narrowed down to the owner’s organisation skills, customer service and pride in your product and workshop.
Here are a couple of pointers that we have observed from our clients who have been operating in this industry successfully for a long while. To build a successful motor repair business you first and foremost must have a passion for what you do. Show your customers that you care about them and are passionate about providing exceptional service for their vehicle needs.
If you are part of franchise, you will already being doing this but often it doesn’t hurt to revisit these pointers.
Here are some basic financial measures that help make running a successful motor repair business great:
- Effectively manage your stock and spare parts. Don’t have too many spare parts and supplies on hand and ensure you have reliable suppliers
- Operate your motor repair business in a location that will attract customers, including a workshop that is pristine. Make sure customers can access your business and park with ease
- Develop internal processes to handle your clients’ jobs and workflow (Mechanicdesk.com.au software works well here)
- Grow a loyal customer base that keeps coming back and a system that ensures customers are reminded of their service intervals or tyre replacement
- Continue to strive for award winning after-sales service and telling the customers why you are the best – use surveys, cash washing, giveaways and text reminders to keep them coming back
- Make sure your tyre, panel beating or mechanic business uses the most efficient technology and techniques available for your industry
We hope your automotive business is kicking goals. If we can help you further to develop systems or monitor profitability drop us a line on 03 9597 9966.